Project Development and Results
Document your results based on these parameters.
|Size||Total size of the printer (length x width x height).|
|Materials/Components||List of materials used in building the prototype.|
|Print materials||List and type of print materials used for printing.|
|Extruders||List each type of extruder used.|
|3D software||Name of the 3D application.|
|Time to build||
Time taken to build the prototype (in Engineering Days - including research and meetings).
Tip: Use Clockify or any other time management tool.
|Time to design object||Time taken to design the 3D model.|
|Time to print||Time to print the complete 3D object.|
A detailed report of the recommendation must accompany the results. The recommendation must specify the following:
- Types of print materials that are suitable for 3D printing
- Types of extruders that each print material should use
- Design specifications document for the printer build
- Recommended 3D software to use
- Precautions to be taken when setting up the 3D printer
- Comparison of time taken to print the object on this printer versus a regular 3D printer.