Main Deliverables of this Project
Design an AI-based system that can detect if a swimmer is drowning and deploy an underwater unmanned vehicle or a remotely operated vehicle for rescue.
The objective of this project is to to design and build a system and software that can detect drowning. The following are the modules of this project:
- Real time object tracking software - to track, tag, and monitor swimmers and detect signs of drowning. Using AI and algorithms, the system can identify and tag people on land, beaches, people standing in water and people swimming.
- Wrist tag - An RFID/GPS wrist tag worn by swimmers.
- Unmanned underwater vehicle - A submersible UUV with easy grip handles to help drowning victims.
Why this is important
Drowning is the 3rd leading cause of unintentional injury death worldwide, accounting for 7% of all injury-related deaths. There are an estimated 320,000 annual drowning deaths worldwide. Most of these deaths occur when the swimmers do not get the required attention and help at the right time. Lifeguards may not be able to spot a distressed swimmer and reach on time to help them. A system like this can be deployed in beaches that attract thousands of swimmers. With a system like this, lifeguards can now monitor and rescue swimmers from drowning disasters.
What this project needs to move forward
- Mechanical/Structural Engineers - To design and build the structure of the UUM.
- Electronics Major - To design the circuitry for antennas, sensors and cameras.
Highlights of working on this project
- Collaborate with talented people from different domains and areas of study and expertise
- Build a strong team with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Learn project management, project reporting, delivery cycles
- Work in a highly energized environment that focuses on high quality product development
- Discover, learn, innovate, and invent new ways for preserving and growing marine life
- Have fun in a super charged team of professionals students, collaborators, sponsors
- Remuneration - This is a sponsored project. You will get paid for your contributions. Find out more from your project manager/project coordinator. [OR]
- Remuneration - This is not a sponsored project. You will get credits, honorable mentions and a Certificate of Contribution from Ocean Builders.
- Learning - This project offers you opportunities to learn about this concept/topic/technology. You will get to collaborate and work with industry experts and professionals who will share their experiences and guide you along with their best practices.
- Culture - Work with people from different backgrounds, cultures, nationalities and get exposure to working on cross-functional and virtual teams.
- Get Your Hands Dirty - Roll up your sleeves and get practical on this project. Experience the joy of designing or building a machine/system/device that will be used by millions of people worldwide. If you are not co-located, video conference with your team and collaborate.
- Build and Grow your Professional Network - Collaborate on this project, make friends, and grow your professional network.
- Top Talent - Work with talented people and find new recruits for your business as you see this project take shape.
- Goodwill - Get positive goodwill for your brand as a sponsor who is building something innovating and contributing to the future.
- Personal and Business Use - Use this system and technology for your home/boat/ship/company/organization
Branding - Brand it with your organization identity.
- Monetize - Invest in his project and take it to market with your brand identity
- Get involved in the design phase and share your thoughts on how you would use this product or technology in your daily lives.
- Give feedback at regular intervals and development stages to help this team to design and build a user-friendly system or technology.
- Work with people from different countries, cultures, backgrounds and experiences. It's fun!
Get Recognition - Participate as an academician/student and contribute to research papers, college projects and participate in local, state, national, and international academic or technical conferences. Present papers on the innovations and advancements that have been made.
All of the above
Ocean Builders invites you to be a part of this project. You can be a sponsor, a contributor, a user, an academician AND you can be all of the above.