[High Yield Rotary Hydroponics Garden] Main Deliverables of this Project
Build a rotating, high-yield hydroponics system that can grow vegetables in the seapod.
Hydroponics is the science of growing vegetables without soil, and using mineral nutrient solutions in an aqueous solvent such as sea water. Usually hydroponics systems are built using tubes. Water and nutrients are refreshed at different intervals of time. A large variety of vegetables are grown in tubes. Experiments have shown that the rate of growth of plants increases when a sapling is planted upside down. The roots spread wider and this increases the plant's growth rate.
Why this is important
Traditional farming and hydroponics systems that grow vegetables take up a lot of space. A rotating hydroponics system can be installed in a kitchen in compact space and can grow the basic and necessary vegetables in a shorter span.
What this project needs to move forward
- Botany majors - To identify and suggest vegetables that are rich in nutrients and have higher growth rate.
- Mechatronics/Structural engineers - to build the rotating hydroponics system.
Highlights of working on this project
- Collaborate with talented people from different domains and areas of study and expertise
- Build a strong team with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Learn project management, project reporting, delivery cycles
- Work in a highly energized environment that focuses on high quality product development
- Discover, learn, innovate, and invent new ways for preserving and growing marine life
- Have fun in a super charged team of professionals students, collaborators, sponsors
- Remuneration - This is a sponsored project. You will get paid for your contributions. Find out more from your project manager/project coordinator.
- Learning - This project offers you opportunities to learn about this concept/topic/technology. You will get to collaborate and work with industry experts and professionals who will share their experiences and guide you along with their best practices.
- Culture - Work with people from different backgrounds, cultures, nationalities and get exposure to working on cross-functional and virtual teams.
- Get Your Hands Dirty - Roll up your sleeves and get practical on this project. Experience the joy of designing or building a machine/system/device that will be used by millions of people worldwide. If you are not co-located, video conference with your team and collaborate.
- Build and Grow your Professional Network - Collaborate on this project, make friends, and grow your professional network.
- Top Talent - Work with talented people and find new recruits for your business as you see this project take shape.
- Goodwill - Get positive goodwill for your brand as a sponsor who is building something innovating and contributing to the future.
- Personal and Business Use - Use this system and technology for your home/boat/ship/company/organization
Branding - Brand it with your organization identity.
- Monetize - Invest in his project and take it to market with your brand identity
- Get involved in the design phase and share your thoughts on how you would use this product or technology in your daily lives.
- Give feedback at regular intervals and development stages to help this team to design and build a user-friendly system or technology.
- Work with people from different countries, cultures, backgrounds and experiences. It's fun!
Get Recognition - Participate as an academician/student and contribute to research papers, college projects and participate in local, state, national, and international academic or technical conferences. Present papers on the innovations and advancements that have been made.