Developers: Submit your work!
As explained in the introduction, we have 2 big areas of work you can help with as a developer:
These projects are not directly integrated into the SeaPod and GreenPod tech ecosystems. In this case the team/developer leading the project will have their own requirements as to contribute. The way to proceed is to apply for the projects you like here: https://oceanbuilders.com/projects/ and wait for someone to contact you. While that happen you can check the code at the related github repo, check the documentation for the project here or join our Discord server and introduce yourself.
The development workflow, pull request and merge strategy, will be different from project to project so we cannot cover it here and it will be provided by the team/developer leading the project.
SeaPod and GreenPod tech development and deployment
These are currently the steps we require to contribute code to our core projects in GitHub:
- Fork the project & clone locally.
- Create an upstream remote and sync your local copy before you branch.
- Branch for each separate piece of work.
- Do the work, write good commit messages, and read the CONTRIBUTING file if there is one.
- Push to your origin repository.
- Create a new PR in GitHub