Main Deliverables of this Project
Design and build a Unmanned Underwater Vehicle (UUV) that can transport up to 200 kilograms of payload over 30 nautical miles (55.6 kilometers).
Manta, the unmanned underwater (UUV) vehicle is designed to deliver medicines and medical supplies, other packages like food, drinks, groceries, and other items like clothes, diving material, toolkits, etc., from one point to the another, travelling over distances of at least 30 nautical miles (55.6 kilometers). Powered by powerful propellers, Manta-1 is designed to reach a top speed of 50 knots (92.6 KMPH) underwater. The dedicated payload compartment in Manta-1 houses a mini fridge and freezer to keep medicines, groceries fresh.
In addition, Manta has antennas, sensors and cameras and is designed to avoid collision with boats, ships, sea creatures, underwater structures, and coral reefs. It is also designed to study bathymetry and can send valuable data to help create 3D maps of the ocean floor.
Why this is important
People living in sea pods or on ships may run out of stock of necessary items like medicines, food, groceries and other items like clothing, diving equipment, tools. This happens when items, spoil, expire or malfunction when needed most, especially in case of emergencies. Sailing back may take time and effort.
Manta addresses this problem by providing a high-speed pick-up and drop service to seapods, and ships.
What this project needs to move forward
We need these skills to move this project forward:
- Mechanical/Structural Engineers - To design and build the structure of Manta.
- Electronics Major - To design the circuitry for antennas, sensors and cameras.
- Software and AI specialists - To design software that can power Manta. Exposure to (or interest to learn) ArcGIS is an added advantage.
- Marine biology majors - To collaborate and study marine life.
Highlights of working on this project
- Collaborate with talented people from different domains and areas of study and expertise
- Build a strong team with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Learn project management, project reporting, delivery cycles
- Work in a highly energized environment that focuses on high quality product development
- Discover, learn, innovate, and invent new ways for preserving and growing marine life
- Have fun in a super charged team of professionals students, collaborators, sponsors
- Remuneration - This is a sponsored project. You will get paid for your contributions. Find out more from your project manager/project coordinator.
- Learning - This project offers you opportunities to learn about this concept/topic/technology. You will get to collaborate and work with industry experts and professionals who will share their experiences and guide you along with their best practices.
- Culture - Work with people from different backgrounds, cultures, nationalities and get exposure to working on cross-functional and virtual teams.
- Get Your Hands Dirty - Roll up your sleeves and get practical on this project. Experience the joy of designing or building a machine/system/device that will be used by millions of people worldwide. If you are not co-located, video conference with your team and collaborate.
- Build and Grow your Professional Network - Collaborate on this project, make friends, and grow your professional network.
- Top Talent - Work with talented people and find new recruits for your business as you see this project take shape.
- Goodwill - Get positive goodwill for your brand as a sponsor who is building something innovating and contributing to the future.
- Personal and Business Use - Use this system and technology for your home/boat/ship/company/organization
Branding - Brand it with your organization identity.
- Monetize - Invest in his project and take it to market with your brand identity
- Get involved in the design phase and share your thoughts on how you would use this product or technology in your daily lives.
- Give feedback at regular intervals and development stages to help this team to design and build a user-friendly system or technology.
- Work with people from different countries, cultures, backgrounds and experiences. It's fun!