A minimum of 3 candidates must be interviewed and evaluated before a selection is made.
All candidates must undergo a formal evaluation. Process is to be determined.
Must have Panamanian residency and a work permit
Qualities & Characteristics
Operational Excellence is the most important characteristic someone in this position should strive for and the ideal candidate helps others in the organization reach Operational Excellence as well
Super detail oriented
Good at tracking multiple complex projects
Good at communicating with people
Good at disarming conflict
Good at dealing with a wide range or personalities
Good at motivating people
Good at keeping a team on track and getting them back on track when they are behind
Good at co-ordinating between teams to get projects done that involve people working on different projects in different parts of the world
- Must be level headed and not create drama in the workplace
- Must have a get things done attitude
Taking a technical concept and figuring out all of the elements that need to go into it to make it work, build specifications for implementing it, break it into step-by-step pieces and make it happen
Ability to quickly grasp new concepts
- In your role you will have many tasks that need to be completed for the organization to move forward towards the organization goals. All tasks should be seen as dynamic tasks that can flow from one team member to another so that everything that needs to be done can get done in a timely manner. If you are not able to complete your tasks in a timely manner then it is your responsibility to ask for help with your tasks. There is no shame in asking for help. If other teammembers see that tasks are not getting completed and they have capacity to do them it is their responsibility to step in and help. Holding onto a task and not asking for help when you need it is not good for the organization and it holds the organization back. If you don't ask for help then the organization suffers and that is not acceptable.
- NOTE FOR ROB: I would like to build into the hiring process a framework that sets the standard and communicates to people that we adhere to the principles of kaizen and maybe other key philosophies that you suggest we include in this. Interview process should also include people making a process manual of some sort to get them aligned on making Process Manuals and also maybe that itself can be linked to the idea of kaizen
Roles & Responsibilities
- The first and foremost responsibility of all teammembers is to help advance the companies vision and goals. Everyone in the organization will have tasks to complete to help move the organizations towards its goals.
- Ability to take on a task and find a way to independently bring it through to completion
- Good communication is essential. Please communicate any challenges that come up early and often so that you are able to complete tasks on schedule. The time to report problems is not when the task is due and the due date is passed. The time to ask for help is before a task is due so that the appropriate resources can be applied to that task to bring it through to completion.
- You will be responsible for creating daily, weekly, and monthly Battle Reports. In addition you may be asked to produce Daily Accountability reports.
- Process Manuals break down tasks so that there is a formula for completing repeated and essential tasks. They are an essential part of any organization reaching its goals.
- Determine what business processes need to be established and research how to do it and get it done.
- Build documentation on how to run the business correctly.
- Make, revise, and improve Process Manuals.
- Make sure everyone else is making process manuals & review their work & approve.
- Research what a learning organization is and email learnings to your supervisor.
- Enforce all team members to build and update their process manuals.
- Do monthly checks on all process manuals, ensure they are being updated. Review, update, and improve all documentation.
- Add general training and safety training for all new equipment as it comes in
Help establish & refine hiring & onboarding procedures
Work to continuously improve and refine all processes and procedures at all levels
Enforce that processes are performed accurately and improved upon constantly
Ensuring everyone at the factory have the materials, supplies, tools, and other items they need to do their work
Co-ordinating with a "runner" that will shop for supplies in Panama City or elsewhere and deliver to the factory or rendez-vous with someone from Ocean Builders at some location in between.
Making shopping supply trips to get supplies as needed in Panama City or elsewhere in Panama
- Co-ordinating all matters with our lawyer as needed or as requested
- Co-ordinating all matters with our insurance providers as needed or as requested
- Co-ordinating with Panamanian government offices, departments, and ministries to acquire new paperwork, approvals, or whatever is needed for the business to operate
- Co-ordinating with accountant to make sure all workers
- Co-ordinating with accountant to ensure all bookkeeping for the organization is maintained in proper order
Co-ordinating international orders, shipments, and deliveries
- Co-ordinating the registration of all company vehicles and factory equipment
- Making regular or occasional trips to the bank in Panama City or elsewhere to get cash to pay workers
- Complete tasks in a timely manner and if you are not able to complete tasks in a timely manner then ask for help long before due dates so that the business runs efficiently and without delay
- Ensuring the factory meets or exceeds all legal and social responsibilities
Assist with whatever random tasks come up that need to be dealt with even if it is someone else's responsibility
- Co-ordinate all logistics with visitors that are flying into Panama to visit our operation
- Answer Live Chat from website
- Be a positive role model and representative of the business.
- Ensure the office is properly maintained, neat, and tidy at all times
- Double check international orders (LINK) and factor order lists (LINK) at a set schedule to ensure essential supplies arrive as quickly as possible.
- Set daily, weekly, monthly, annual, and periodic work routines & checklists to ensure everything is being done and key responsibilities are being completed on time.
Hourly Roles & Responsibilities
- list here if any
Daily Roles & Responsibilities
- Check Factory Orders list and ensure everything is on track and will be delivered on time
- Check International Orders list and ensure everything will be delivered on time
- Get full report from Factory Manager on the status of production for all departments with particular attention to whether we are on track to meet specific date targets and milestones that have been set
- Give Battle Report report to executive team on each of the following (to be determined)
- Beginning of day activities (list here if any)
- End of day activities (list here if any)
Weekly Roles & Responsibilities
- Beginning of week activities (list here if any)
- End of week activities (list here if any)
- Monday morning report on worker status from previous week???
Monthly Roles & Responsibilities
- Beginning of month activities (list here if any)
- End of month activities (list here if any)
Annually Roles & Responsibilities
- Beginning of year activities (list here if any)
- End of year activities (list here if any)
Periodically Roles & Responsibilities
- Pay Workers (list here if any)
- Calculate Payment for Workers (list here if any)
Interview Process (in construction)
Candidate Evaluation Written Test (in construction)
Candidate In Person Testing. Candidates must perform tasks which will help us evaluate their skills and abilities to perform this role.
Probation period: 90 days
Start Onboarding here (in construction)