A minimum of 3 candidates must be interviewed and evaluated before a selection is made.
All candidates must undergo a formal evaluation. Process is to be determined.
Must have Panamanian residency and a work permit
Qualities & Characteristics
Operational Excellence is the most important characteristic someone in this position should strive for
Super detail oriented
Good at tracking multiple complex projects
Good at communicating with people
Good at disarming conflict
Good at dealing with a wide range or personalities
Good at motivating people
Good at keeping a team on track and getting them back on track when they are behind
Good at co-ordinating between teams to get projects done that involve people working on different projects in different parts of the world
- Must be level headed and not create drama in the workplace
- Must have a get things done attitude
Taking a technical concept and figuring out all of the elements that need to go into it to make it work, build specifications for implementing it, break it into step-by-step pieces and make it happen
Ability to quickly grasp new concepts
- NOTE FOR ROB: I would like to build into the hiring process a framework that sets the standard and communicates to people that we adhere to the principles of kaizen and maybe other key philosophies that you suggest we include in this. Interview process should also include people making a process manual of some sort to get them aligned on making Process Manuals and also maybe that itself can be linked to the idea of kaizen
Roles & Responsibilities
Help with documentation of all critical work processes
Help establish & refine hiring & onboarding procedures
Work to continuously improve and refine all processes and procedures at all levels
Enforce that processes are performed accurately and improved upon constantly
Ensuring everyone at the factory have the materials, supplies, tools, and other items they need to do their work
Co-ordinating with a "runner" that will shop for supplies in Panama City or elsewhere and deliver to the factory or rendez-vous with someone from Ocean Builders at some location in between.
Making shopping supply trips to get supplies as needed in Panama City or elsewhere in Panama
- Co-ordinating all matters with our lawyer as needed or as requested
- Co-ordinating all matters with our insurance providers as needed or as requested
- Co-ordinating with Panamanian government offices, departments, and ministries to acquire new paperwork, approvals, or whatever is needed for the business to operate
- Co-ordinating with accountant to make sure all workers
- Co-ordinating with accountant to ensure all bookkeeping for the company is maintained in proper order
Co-ordinating international orders, shipments, and deliveries
- Co-ordinating the registration of all company vehicles and factory equipment
- Making regular or occasional trips to the bank in Panama City or elsewhere to get cash to pay workers
- Complete tasks in a timely manner and if you are not able to complete tasks in a timely manner then ask for help long before due dates so that the business runs efficiently and without delay
- Ensuring the factory meets or exceeds all legal and social responsibilities
Assist with whatever random tasks come up that need to be dealt with even if it is someone else's responsibility
- Co-ordinate all logistics with visitors that are flying into Panama to visit our operation
- Answer Live Chat from website
- Be a positive role model and representative of the business.
- Ensure the office is properly maintained, neat, and tidy at all times
- Double check international orders (LINK) and factor order lists (LINK) at a set schedule to ensure essential supplies arrive as quickly as possible.
- Set daily, weekly, monthly, annual, and periodic work routines & checklists to ensure everything is being done and key responsibilities are being completed on time.
Interview Process (in construction)
Candidate Evaluation Written Test (in construction)
Candidate In Person Testing. Candidates must perform tasks which will help us evaluate their skills and abilities to perform this role.
Probation period: 90 days
Start Onboarding here (in construction)